Following feedback, we have increased the accumulator sections. For 2019 we have:
SWSPG Standard Youngstock of the year. Colt, filly or gelding from yearling to three years old
SWSPG Mini Youngstock of the year. Colt, filly or gelding from yearling to three years old
SWSPG Mare of the year. Standard or Mini, 4yrs old and over
SWSPG Gelding of the year. Standard or Mini, 4yrs old and over
SWSPG Stallion of the year. Standard or Mini, 4yrs old and over
SWSPG Young Handler of the year, 11yrs and under
SWSPG Young Handler of the year, 12 – 16 years
SWSPG Ridden Shetland of the year
SWSPG Newcomer of the Year – NEW FOR 2019
Rules are the same as previous years.
- All competitors/owners must be fully paid up members of the SWSPG
- You can use results from up to 6 shows that must include at least three SWSPG group shows and then up to three other SPSBS affiliated shows.
- Only results from the in-hand/ ridden Shetland classes will count, 1 result per show.
- Results from only specific SPSBS affiliated young handler classes will count towards the young handler accumulator section. The age of the young handler is to be taken from the first of January in this current year.
- Please complete one entry form per pony/ young handler entered.
- A Newcomer is not to have owned or shown Shetlands for more than 4 years. Results from any affiliated classes count, it is not restricted to Newcomer classes but must include 3 SWSPG show results.
Points will be awarded as follows:
1st = 10 2nd = 8 3rd = 6 4th = 4 5th = 2 6th = 1
The showing season for this competition will run from the 1st January in this current year until the closing date for entries which is the 20th November.
Classes will be split if there are sufficient entries.
Awards will be presented at the Christmas Lunch